I know many people hate snow. The cold, the mess. That is not me…I love snow! Seeing that pure white beauty never gets old for me. Sure, I’m not a fan when it melts (and the mess that ensues) but I love it while it lasts. :)
If you love the color yellow, this post is for you! For some reason the flowers we have blooming now are almost all yellow (which the exception of my lovely roses ;)!!
We planted sunflowers a few years ago, and haven’t planted any since, but every year we get beautiful sunflowers! We think that the birds who eat the seeds must spill some on the ground where they wait to germinate until the next year. :)
Lots of bright yellow! :)
The other yellow flowers around our home are from some wildflower seeds Mama “planted”. They’re quite beautiful, too! :)
This next photo is probably one of my favorites:
I just love when the sun illuminates flowers and I liked how I got a little sun flare in the bottom right corner! :)
I hope you all are having a great summer!
As I was trying to figure out what the below plants were called, I asked my sister, Hannah, and she said “Dandelions.” I was like “Dandelions?? Those yellow flowers? This doesn’t look like a dandelion?!”
So she said “Why don’t you look it up on Google?” I followed her advice, and lo and behold, she was right!!! :)
I thought dandelions were those slightly uninteresting, bright yellow flowers.
Lesson of the day: dandelions have more than one form! :)
Personally I love this form much better than the yellow flower!
Who doesn’t like fluffy white things?! :)
Dandelions (in the form pictured) have always amazed me. One of my favorite things to do when I was younger (and sometimes now ;) is to see if I can blow the little seeds off the plant. :) Daddy, being a landscaper, always playfully calls out “No, no, no!” as I blow the seeds away. (Dandelions are not the lawn care workers best friend! ;)
One last little note: a website I just looked at said the yellow dandelion flower is the yellow composite flower and the white, fluffy balls are the dandelion’s seed head.
Okay, the science lesson is over! :)
Have a great night!
I’ll start this post off with a thank you to Sarah for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award! Sarah and her sister, Rebekah, just recently started following me and they’ve left me many kind comments (thanks!).
For this award I need to share 8 things about myself. I’ll try and give you 8 things you probably don’t know about me…here it goes:
1. I’ve shown a miniature horse in our State Fair twice.
2. I don’t have a favorite color. They’re all so beautiful! If I had to choose I would lean towards pastel colors, but I also like vibrant colors…so you see…I really can’t pick just one color! :)
3. I usually wear skirts, but flowy comfortable dresses are my favorite!
4. I’m really looking forward to my graduation next year. Not just because I’m graduating but because I might get a really pretty dress and make a nice cake and…I could go on and on.
5. I’m going to photograph my friend’s wedding next year!
6. Horses are my favorite animal (nothing else even comes close :).
7. I’m taller than everyone in my family other than Daddy. (My older sister loves it when I point this out! ;)
8. I’d love to have a big rose garden one day. Currently I have one little plant, but hopefully we’ll be getting at least 1 more soon! [I feel like I’ve told everyone I know about this…]
I think that’s all I need to say for now but I’ll leave you with some pictures I took this morning:
I love water droplets!!!
Hope you all have a great night!